What happens during my treatment?
A solution is injected into veins. This is a relatively painless procedure as very fine needles are used for the injection process.
What are recommendations prior to treatment?
Body oils, lotions, and creams are not advised for 24 hours before your injections. Dress in loose clothing in order to accommodate support stockings. Recommended after- care instructions
Wear support stockings day and night for 72 hours after injections. You can expect your thread veins to look worse after treatment at this stage. After 72 hours wear support stockings during day for 7 days.
Avoid extremes temperatures for 14 days
Avoid sun exposure and waxing for 4 weeks
Avoid aggressive exercise i.e. Gym for 2 weeks.
If you are planning air travel this must be discussed at your consultation.
Who is not suitable for treatment?
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- If you have a history of thrombosis (DVT) or Pulmonary embolism chronic diseases such as cardiac, liver, kidney and lung disease
- Connective tissue diseases such as lupus
- On warfarin
- Recurrent skin infections or cellulitis
- If you have varicose veins